Re: [tip:x86/cleanups] x86/cpu: Clean up various files a bit

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 10:10:23 EST

> > No code changes except printk levels (although some of the K6
> > mtrr code might be clearer if there were a few as would
> > splitting out some of the intel cache code).
> > -#include <asm/io.h>
> > +#include <linux/io.h>
>
> linux/io.h should move to linux/XXX.h block

That would be a code change and potentially a behaviour change - it
should be done but as a later patch. It doesn't help that checkpatch is
buggy here and thinks some stuff is the same which is not.

> > #if !defined(CONFIG_SMP)
> > - printk("CPU: ");
> > + printk(KERN_INFO "CPU: ");
> > print_cpu_info(&boot_cpu_data);
> > #endif
> > alternative_instructions();
>
> I think, these was left intentionally otherwise dmesg output looks
> weird.

Curious. If it is meant to be a continuation it should be KERN_CONT but
that doesn't seem to be the case. No KERN_ is wrong, always.

> > * All current models of Pentium and Pentium with MMX technology CPUs
> > - * have the F0 0F bug, which lets nonprivileged users lock up the system.
> > + * have the F0 0F bug, which lets nonprivileged users lock up the
> > + * system.
>
> It should be non-privileged

Yes - I agree (or better yet unprivileged)