Re: usb mouse not responding after resume

From: Alan Stern
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 10:56:54 EST

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> Sometimes after resume the usb mouse plugged into my T60 notebook
> isn't working. Unplugging and replugging it fixes the problem. A
> keyboard is also plugged in, which works normally every time.
>
> This has been happening on and off from about 2.6.30-rc* but in
> 2.6.31-rc* seems to be getting more frequent.

Looks like something is wrong with the mouse itself.

> Here's the suspend-resume-replug part of the dmesg. Not sure if it is
> enough, I'd be happy to provide more info.

The log showed that the mouse disconnected itself during the suspend.
But then after the resume it reconnected -- presumably this log shows a
cycle where the mouse _was_ working afterward.

Can you provide a similar log for a cycle where the mouse _didn't_
respond afterward? It might not help much, however; most likely it
will show that the mouse disconnects itself during the suspend and then
doesn't reconnect.

Have you tried plugging the mouse into a different USB port? It might
help.

Alan Stern