RE: Staging: add pata_rdc driver

From: Kevin Huang (???)
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 22:25:23 EST

I just know all pata follow the ATA ATAPI Host Adapters Standard.pdf.
This standard describes all hardware interfaces for pata. (like sata and AHCI standard spec.)

The original draft does not have any Configuration Registers for Host Adapters. Then Intel proposes ATA Controller PCI Configuration Registers for this lack of the original draft, and T13 accept this proposal.

But this spec. releases at 2003. So before its release, all vendor had own Configuration Registers. Our new controller follows this spec. so that OS can provide a standard driver for pata controller.

Our new controller have crypto function and crypto configuration registers.
So it don?t like Intel controller.
Some Intel controller have RAID function, but we have not.