process exit modify semaphore values.

From: Xiaolei Cai
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 23:14:12 EST

I have an application that uses unnamed POSIX semaphores as synchronization mechanism among parent and several child processes. It seems upon one child process exits, the semaphore values are all set to 0. This change of value brings deadlock to the still running processes. I observed this behavior with Linux 2.6.23-1 x86_64 or newer. We don't have this problem with Linux 2.6.9-67.ELsmp x86_64.

Is there a way to disable this annoying behavior in the newer version of linux kernel?

Thanks!
Xiaolei