RE: Xen vs. KVM

From: Morten P.D. Stevens
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 20:08:22 EST

2009/6/15 <jmerkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have worked with both KVM and XEN and to be honest, XEN is infested with
> bugs -- mostly of the paging type -- and you need an logic analyzer of an
> ICE to debug some of it. I have nothing but trouble with it. KVM is more
> stable but also sucks on performance, but I occasionally see the same
> issues.

This is bullshit.

KVM is buggy und very unstable. It´s NOT RECOMMENDED for production usage.

Xen is fully developed, fast and more reliable than KVM.
Thousands of companies are using Xen or Citrix XenServer and its super fast, easy to use and 100% rockstable!
The XEN PV Guest drivers are excellent in comparison with the KVM windows guest drivers. (after installing the 64 bit networking drivers with Server 2008 x64 > blue screen...).. I hate kvm.

@ Linus : Please merge xen as hypervisor into linux, right now !

-

Morten