What's in pci-2.6.git

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 17:26:08 EST

I'm getting the queue together for my next pull request. See below for
the shortlog.

On a high level there are a few important, new features & highlights:
- improved AER support
Thanks to Yanmin the AER code can now handle multiple errors and
chips that don't correctly set the source ID. It does this by
scanning the bus when such a condition is detected, looking for the
errors. Huang contributed some code to help test this feature as
well; driver developers are encouraged to use it.
- PCI resource allocation fixes
Yinghai sent some fixes for resource allocation for transparent
brdiges & prefetchable regions. We also try to use _CRS data by
default now.
- no more pci_find_slot! (Kudos again to Alex for his work this
cycle.)
- and the usual collection of misc cleanups & fixes

In looking at the shortlog I just realized the authorship info for the
check_enable_amd_mmconf and overflow quirk patches are wrong, so we're
still at least one rebase away from having a tree that's ready to pull.

I think the only other patchset left outstanding is Kenji-san's ASPM
cleanups; I'm waiting on some more review for those. I think we'll be
able to squeeze them in this cycle assuming that happens soon. Oh and
there's my Moorestown platform support code. I got some good review on
that, so I'll be cleaning it up and sending out another patch this
week, with an eye towards merging it this week as well (though I'm not
sure if some of the other bits will be ready; I'll talk with the
Moorestown folks about that, maybe there's no hurry).

If all goes well I'll be sending Linus a pull request later this week,
so please test & report issues as soon as possible!

Thanks,
Jesse

Alex Chiang (16):
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: stray whitespace cleanups
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: fix comment style
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: obey 80 column convention in cpqphp.h
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: remove useless prototypes in cpqphp_core.c
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: eliminate stray braces
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: refactor cpqhp_probe
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: clean up cpqphp_ctrl.c
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: refactor cpqphp_save_slot_config
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: style cleanups
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: refactor cpqhp_save_config
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: clean up accesses to pcibios_get_irq_routing_table()
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: eliminate dead code - PCI_ScanBusNonBridge
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: constify slot_name()
PCI Hotplug: cpqphp: don't use pci_find_slot()
PCI: remove deprecated pci_find_slot() interface
PCI: eliminate redundant pci_stop_dev() call from pci_destroy_dev()

Andrew Patterson (1):
PCI: Add support for turning PCIe ECRC on or off

Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
PCIE: remove driver_data direct access of struct device

Hidetoshi Seto (2):
PCI MSI: Remove unused/obsolete macros and definitions
PCI MSI: Define PCI_MSI_MASK_32/64

Huang Ying (4):
PCI: Add pci_bus_set_ops
PCI: PCIE AER: export aer_irq
PCI: PCIE AER: Document for PCIE AER software error injection
PCI AER: software error injection

Ingo Molnar (1):
x86/PCI: add description for check_enable_amd_mmconf boot parameter

Jesse Barnes (1):
PCI: use ACPI _CRS data by default

Kenji Kaneshige (11):
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in acpi_pci_get_bridge_handle()
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in acpi_find_root_bridge_handle()
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in pci_find_upstream_pcie_bridge()
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in pci_read_bridge_bases()
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in pci_get_interrupt_pin()
PCI: use pci_is_root_bus() in pci_common_swizzle()
PCI: Remove untested Electromechanical Interlock (EMI) support in pciehp.
PCI hotplug: fix return value of has_foo() functions
PCI hotplug: create symlink to hotplug driver module
PCI hotplug: remove redundant .owner initializations
PCI: remove invalid comment of msi_mask_irq()

Mats Erik Andersson (1):
PCI: expose SMBus on Asus notebook A6L

Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
PCI MSI: let drivers retry when not enough vectors

Michal Miroslaw (1):
PCI quirk: HP hides SMBus controller in Compaq nx9500 laptops

Rafael J. Wysocki (2):
PCI PM: Follow PCI_PM_CTRL_NO_SOFT_RESET during transitions from D3
PCI PM: Fix handling of devices without PM support by pci_target_state()

Shaohua Li (1):
PCI: disable ASPM on VIA root-port-under-bridge configurations

Yinghai Lu (2):
PCI/x86: don't assume prefetchable ranges are 64bit
PCI: improve resource allocation under transparent bridges

Yu Zhao (4):
PCI: fix SR-IOV function dependency link problem
PCI: cleanup Function Level Reset
PCI: support PM D0hot->D3 transition reset
PCI: support Secondary Bus Reset

Zhang, Yanmin (3):
PCI AER: support Multiple Error Received and no error source id
PCI AER: support invalid error source IDs
PCI AER: multiple error support

akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2):
PCI: ibmphp_core.c: fix warning due to missing module_exit()
PCI quirk: unhide 'Overflow' device on i828{6,7}5P/PE chipsets