Re: [tpmdd-devel] TPM drivers support and Linux Integrity Modulefor 2.6.30

From: Rajiv Andrade
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 17:42:48 EST

> 2- Forget manufacturer_id and base the decision on the PNP_ID as david
> suggested. I previously considered it but since it would end up in
> modifying tpm_tis_init() prototype (struct device * to struct pnp_dev *)
> and then wouldn't work when loading as a module with force option on, so
> I moved to the manufacturer_id approach.
>
> I'll get back to #2 meanwhile and post the patch, seems not hard to
> accomplish though..

Yes, it wasn't hard, at all, just get the id with to_pnp_dev(dev)->id.

However, the chip is buggy, there's no reason to make a compliant
upstream code modify its behavior just due an 'exception' for a not
compliant hardware.
No need to worry about it too though, the workaround is available as I
pointed earlier (Seiji's)...

Thanks,
Rajiv