Re: PCIe interface memory memory mapping issue

From: Sanka Piyaratna
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 19:36:40 EST

>>>You'll have to give more details on what you mean by "the interface memory mapping does not work any more. As if >the register map with in the device does no longer exsists".
>>
>> What I mean by this is that, when load the driver, the memory mapping of the hardware memory onto the computer memory does not work. I have a setup where I have all the control registers in BAR5 (512 byte) and I also have 64kB chuck of the FPGA memory mapped using BAR0. I am not able to see the register space when the BAR5 area in the computer memory map. However, I am able to write something to BAR0 memory map and read it back.

>How are you getting the register space into the memory map.. ioremap() ?

that's right! I am using ioremap(address, size).

Need a Holiday? Win a $10,000 Holiday of your choice. Enter now.http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJxN2x2ZmNpBF9zAzIwMjM2MTY2MTMEdG1fZG1lY2gDVGV4dCBMaW5rBHRtX2xuawNVMTEwMzk3NwR0bV9uZXQDWWFob28hBHRtX3BvcwN0YWdsaW5lBHRtX3BwdHkDYXVueg--/SIG=14600t3ni/**http%3A//au.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline/creativeholidays/*http%3A//au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/%3Fp1=other%26p2=au%26p3=mailtagline