finally no: ACPI: EC: GPE storm detected, disabling EC GPE

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 18:37:37 EST

After running kernel 2.6.30 for almost a week, Ive noticed
that the gpe storm being triggered has only gone
off once, during a cold boot, but after a reboot
did not return for the rest of the session, and for the last
two weeks(with 2.6.30-rc7 to linus's 2.6.30)
prior to that with 2.6.30-rc5 I was receiving this message
within an hour or so, vary consistent.

The only change that occurred with 2.6.30-rc5 to now
was I had decided to create a small system for myself,
but this time leave hal out of the picture.(acpid is present but
has only one rule "powerbtn" so I can shutdown the system).

Could it be possible that hal might have been causing this
gpe storm to be triggered?(or was this fixed by having a
new copy of udev?)

In any case thought I would send some info about what I'm
experiencing over here with 2.6.30.

--
Justin P. Mattock