Re: 2.6.30: suspend-to-ram, second s2r wakes up immediately

From: Alan Stern
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 16:45:13 EST

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > Good idea. I should have thought of this myself. No, it's not above
> > device. I just tested several constellations and it's seems to be my usb
> > mouse. when the mouse is unplug suspend to ram works reliably.
> >
> > how to fix the mouse's behaviour?
>
> In principle, you should be able to disable wake-up on the USB controllers.

It should already be disabled. Worth checking, though.
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.1/power/wakeup is the file to look
at.

> As for the mouse itself, I don't know. I'm not even sure if it's possible at
> all (CCing Jiri).

In theory you can disable remote wakeup on the mouse through the usual
mechanism. The real question is why the mouse seems to be generating a
wakeup request when there's no apparent reason to do so.

Maybe it's just faulty.

Alan Stern