Re: SD Host Controller - over ride Linux native Drivers.

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 06:46:28 EST

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:12:22 +0530
"Ramesh.R" <ramesh.kvp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How to over-ride the Linux - native Host controller driver to load and
> drive my development kit. Instead the auto load of native drivers, I
> want to use my drivers to test my development kit.
>
> Please suggest us, if any of you faced like this and overcome this
> issue. I am appreciating your response.

Just rmmod the drivers you don't want and insmod you drivers. They
should take over at that point. You can also blacklist the original
drivers to prevent them from ever being loaded. See the modprobe.conf
man page.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org
TigerVNC, core developer http://www.tigervnc.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.