Re: [GIT PULL] Performance Counters for Linux

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 17:06:22 EST

> So you are saying that only good code comes from including it into
> linux-2.6.git and otherwise you will never get there. Have you actually
> tried to maintain this in a separate repository on kernel.org?

Could you please remind us what the arguments agains including a few
seleted tools within the kernel source tree was.

I ask because I really cannot see why so much nosie is generated?
As a naive user that like easy access to the stuff I work with
this looks like an optimal place to find the kernel-hacking
tools I need. Why should I hunt somewhere else to find it?

Sam