Re: [Bonding-devel] BUG: bonding module can only be loaded once

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 09:19:54 EST

Patrick McHardy wrote:
Jay Vosburgh wrote:
Patrick McHardy <kaber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd expect its not the distros, but rather the applicances which might
still be using this. I know a vendor I used to work for a couple of
years ago just recently made the switch from 2.6.16 to a current kernel,
and I'd expect that they are still using this (I can find out tommorrow
if you want to know for sure). Vyatta likewise, I guess.

Yes, I'd like to know for sure; thanks.

I'll let you know.

They are still using the module alias method, but on a kernel slightly
older than the patch which broke this (2.6.25).