Re: [Bug #13375] Kernel crash with 2.6.29 + nfs + xfs (radix-tree)

From: Mike Dresser
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 15:16:35 EST

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Mathias Kretschmer wrote:

same observation here. it's kswapd that dies.

swap space itself is hardly ever really used, since my box has 8GB and not
that much stuff is running on it.

Same here, 5GB ram.. I might try turning swap off and seeing what happens.

my XFS mount opts: noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8

noatime,nodiratime,logbufs=8,logbsize=256k,inode64,nobarrier

drive/fs config: sata => raid6 => lvm => xfs => nfs

sata => 3ware in raid5 => xfs

machine is stable for the last 36 hours with nfs turned off.

Not using NFS here.