Re: [Bug #13319] Page allocation failures with b43 and p54usb

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 06:52:24 EST

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Mel Gorman<mel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pekka, assuming the request size is 800 bytes, and SLUB is using order-1
> pages for allocations of that size, what happened order-1 allocations
> falling back to order-0 allocations as necessary. That logic exists,
> right? If so, could it be broken?

That logic is in allocate_slab() and if the higher order allocation
fails, we fall-back to struct kmem_cache ->min order. That in turn is
set up in calculate_sizes() to get_order(size) so it seems pretty
unlikely to me the allocation is 800 bytes. Of course, I could be
missing something here and there's a bug in oo_make() or oo_order().
Hmm.

Pekka