Re: [Patch 4/4] module: trim exception table in module_free()

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 22:21:32 EST

On Tue, 26 May 2009 06:05:39 pm Amerigo Wang wrote:
> void module_free(struct module *mod, void *module_region)
> {
> vfree(module_region);
> - /* FIXME: If module_region == mod->init_region, trim exception
> - table entries. */
> + if (module_region == mod->module_init)
> + mod->num_exentries = 0;
> }

Hi Amerigo,

This looks wrong. The extable covers both init and core exception entries.
We want to remove the ones in the module_init section. The good news is that
it's sorted, so they're either at the start or the end (except sparc 32).

The bad news is that this is really a generic problem, and deserves a
generic fix. That's easy for archs which use the generic sort_extable(), but
alpha, ia64 and sparc(32) will need to define their own trim_extable().

Thanks!
Rusty.