Re: [loongson-PATCH-v1 24/27] fixup for FUJITSU disk

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 15:04:48 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

yanh åé:

[...]

the cs5536 pata driver have some geode platform dependent codes. We can
just ignore it, but the performance is poor(using hdparm to test it),
which only get 22+ MB/s. we find it only use udma2. However if using
amd74xx driver, it can set udma5, and the speed can reach to 50+ MB/s.

we will test whether this driver is working well without this patch.

Anyway, thanks your advice.

Use the driver drivers/ata/pata_cs5536.c, unfortunately it also have the same issue.

Both drivers (pata_cs5536 & cs5536) should handle UDMA5.

Could you please explain the issue with platform specific code a bit more?

Is it related to a cable detection by any chance?

I guess it's rdmsr()/wrmsr()...

Thanks.
Bart

MBR, Sergei