gcc compilation

From: Viral Mehta
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 08:32:46 EST

Hello,

I was compiling 2.6.29.7 kernel but it stopped as my system had gcc version 4.1.1.
There was some bug with respect to __weak attribute in gcc 4.1.[01]. So, I started installing newer gcc 4.3.0.

That was a history part. Now, I have a query.

If I am installing gcc 4.3.0. It will be compiled using gcc 4.1.0 as I have that installed on my PC. Now, gcc 4.1.0 has several BUGS and so compilation of gcc 4.3.0 will not happen correctly. How this situation is handled normally ??
--
Thanks, Viral Mehta, Embedded Software Engineer, www.einfochips.com