Re: ath9k seems to be broken on 2.6.30-rc4 with a macbook pro

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 20:14:18 EST

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 01:09 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 16:01 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > > O.K. after trial and error reverting this:
> > > http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=47afbaf5af9454a7a1a64591e20cbfcc27ca67a8;hp=853da11b94e674445e93660f47a5f0aeeea09623
> > >
> > > brings life back to the macbook with 2.6.30-rc4
> > > (not sure about the iphone anomaly though, I'll keep
> > > an eye on that)
> >
> > Odd.. are you changing TX power through wext? Because that 47afbaf5
> > should only make a difference when using manual tx power setting.
>
> Except it introduced a bug which got fixed in -rc5.
>
> johannes

No,
I try to leave the setting as is.(TX power)

If this is fixed with the latest, then I'll just
go ahead and pull when I get a chance(rather than have
the reverted stuff).

aside from that it interesting, my other machine
(imac) runs fine with ndiswrapper, and wl.

In any case I'll send a post if there's any issues.
(right now watching some hulu recommend session 9 good
flick)

Justin P. Mattock