Re: ANNOUNCE: LKML Summary Podcast

From: Jon Masters
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 13:08:26 EST

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 10:08 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> I'm /experimenting/ with recording a short 3-5 minute summary of LKML
> traffic for those of us who like to listen to Podcasts. It's modeled
> after e.g. the NYT Front Page Podcast, though not quite as cool.
>
> I am hoping this of use to some people who can't read LKML every day.
> Yesterday took 15-20 minutes to put together, and that's doable on a
> regular basis, subject to it being of use to anyone. I figured I'm
> reading LKML whether I do I summary recording or not. If it takes off,
> then I'll try forming a small team to share the effort out.
>
> Podcast: http://podcasts.jonmasters.org/kernel/kernel.xml
>
> (it'll show up in iTunes shortly for those with iPhones)

http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelPodcast

Here, I will upload the transcripts I read from (after writing them). I
will also make available an ogg stream in due course, when I have time
to spend scripting the creation - it's very manual still now.

There were about 6,000 downloads last week, so I'll keep it going for
the moment. I don't know if it'll be every day - but it will for the
moment - it might end up being "every few days", and summarizing all
threads that happen in-between. If you're interested in helping out,
please let me know, we might be able to make this a collaborative
script-writing exercise via the kernelnewbies website :)

Jon.