Re: Q. Switch open_exec() and sys_uselib() to do_open_filp()

From: Al Viro
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 21:28:41 EST

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:55:17AM +0900, hooanon05@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> By the commit 6e8341a11eb21826b7192d0bb88cb5b44900a9af
> "Switch open_exec() and sys_uselib() to do_open_filp()",
> FMODE_EXEC flag is passed to struct file. I have no objection nor
> question about that.
>
> But it is set to file->f_flags instead of f_mode.
> Is this intended behaviour?

It is previously existing behaviour. Check what path_lookup_open() does
and how had it used to be called.

And no, very little about intents makes any sense, including that part.
Call graph of the entire lookup-and-open-related machinery least of all.
So we have to untangle that mound of mating tapeworms, one by one ;-/