Re: Inquiry: Should we remove "isolcpus= kernel boot option? (may have realtime uses)

From: GeunSik Lim
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 22:48:36 EST

Dear Michael Trimarchi,

Recently, I read your paper about EDF implementation in Linux like belows.

http://feanor.sssup.it/~marko/SAC09.pdf
(An implementation of the earliest deadline first algorithm in Linux
Proceedings of the 2009 ACM symposium on Applied Computing. )

Can I get your 2.6.27 based EDF patch to test your experiment result ?
Thanks reading.

Regards,
GeunSik, Lim

2008/6/5 Michael Trimarchi <trimarchimichael@xxxxxxxx>:
> [ sorry if this is going OT ]
>
> Hi,
>

>> Furthermore, cpusets allow for isolated but load-balanced RT domains. We
>> now have a reasonably strong RT balancer, and I'm looking at implementing
>> a full partitioned EDF scheduler somewhere in the future.
>>

> I'm working on a partitioned EDF scheduler right now, and I have to
> face several issues, starting from the interface to use to expose the
> EDF scheduler to userspace, and the integration with the existing
> sched_rt policy.
>
> By now I'm experimenting with an additional sched_class that implements
> a SCHED_EDF policy, extending the POSIX struct sched_param with the
> EDF parameters of the task, do you see any better way to do that?
> Could that approach be reasonable?
>
> Michael

> Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novitÃ, consigli... e la tua opinione!
> http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/
> --

Regards,
GeunSik Lim