Re: [patch 1/5] oom: cleanup android low memory killer

From: David Rientjes
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 18:35:32 EST

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Greg KH wrote:

> Are these the patches already in my tree?
>
> If so, David, just respin your patches against the linux-next tree and
> resend them, that should be sufficient.

This patch in the series is really more of a convenience than anything
else since it doesn't change anything functionally. I had to modify the
lowmemorykiller later because there's a potential for a NULL pointer from
dereferencing p->mm without holding task_lock(p) and also because I moved
oomkilladj from struct task_struct to struct mm_struct.

The entire patchset is really based on the move of p->oomkilladj since it
allows us to prevent an oom killer livelock when killing a task that
shares memory with an OOM_DISABLE task. That change obviously has to go
through Andrew but lowmemorykiller.c must be also be changed accordingly.

I'd be fine with dropping my lowmemorykiller changes if they'd like to fix
this up themselves. Otherwise, I need to know the path to which these get
into the kernel.

> If not, Arve, can you send me your patches first?
>
> David, in the future, can you cc: me anything under drivers/staging/ so
> that I know to pick the patches up?

Sure.