Re: Lots of unexpected non-allocatable section warnings

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sun May 03 2009 - 14:01:39 EST

> > Cannot reproduce here..
>
> Given the name of the section, I presume it is somewhat SUSE-specific.
> I'm running openSUSE 11.1.
Likely - I could not reprodcue with your config.

> > Can you send me your config so I can try to see if this is toolchain
> > version related.
>
> Config attached.
>
> > Also what version of gcc/binutils are you using?
>
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch revision 141291]
>
> $ ld -v
> GNU ld (GNU Binutils; openSUSE 11.1) 2.19
>
> > Is this x86 and 32/64 bit?
>
> x86, 64 bit. If you need anything else, let me know.

Can you send me (off-list) the .o + .ko files
for one of the failing modules.
I like to see what the section contains - or at least the flags.
I do not know on top of my head the commands so
with the .o faile available I expect to figure it out.

I obviously hope the fix also apply for powerpc - but we will
see.

Sam