Re: What's in hid.git for 2.6.30

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri May 01 2009 - 12:16:29 EST

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> > If driven by usbhid, the only way how keyboard could be handled if not
> > claimed by hid-input is a userspace hiddev or hidraw driver. And we don't
> > suspend if hidraw/hiddev node is open, right?
> What happens if the node is closed?

That's up to the userspace driver. If it is an input driver, it is
probably using uinput to inject events into the input system, and
therefore should properly unregister itself also from uinput together with
closing the node.

> Will hid forget that a key had been pressed? I must admit that I can't
> tell where in hid the key repetition logic is located.

The repetition is fully handled in the input core, not in the hid-input
driver. So if the device is not handled by hid-input, we (the kernel
driver) haven't registered with the input subsystem, and therefore no
events go to input subsystem at all.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs