Re: Add support for Eject hotkey in dell-wmi

From: Mario Limonciello
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 14:46:04 EST

Hi Matthew

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 01:25:57PM -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
>

> Ok. How can we determine whether we're on a machine with this support?
> Applying this patch right now will result in systems receiving the event
> twice.

I've checked with the BIOS teams further, and they indicated at the time
that this is enabled on those consumer systems, the hotkey should be
switched over to a mechanical key rather than a software key, so the
keyboard interface would not see this key. The support in the BIOS to
turn on and off WMI would actually enable SMI hot key events instead
(which could then be serviced by dell-laptop).

--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*