Re: [Scst-devel] Discussion about SCST sysfs layout and implementation.

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 13:43:37 EST

James Smart, on 04/17/2009 06:27 PM wrote:
Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
Let's go with root in /sys/class/scsi_tgt. In future, if somebody objects, we can easily change it.

This maps too closely to the scsi midlayer names, especially the real target devices initiators see - which are not yet in sysfs but there has been discussion of in the past. I would prefer that you used /sys/class/scst_tgt. And yes, as part of the class level support in the midlayer/kernel, they are generally symlinks to the actual kobject in the /sys/devices that the class entity corresponds to.

IMHO - "scsi_tgt" also seems a bit presumptuous to propose if SCST is not, in it's entirety, going to be the adapter target interface pulled in upstream. Thus, another reason I prefer the "scst_tgt" name, as it makes it very specific to SCST itself, and lessens any co-existence conflicts if there are any in the future.

James,

Thank you for the suggestion. If nobody objects, we will go with /sys/class/scst_tgt.

Vlad