blank screen on resume (recoverable)

From: Niel Lambrechts
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 02:43:08 EST

Hi,

In all recent kernels (up to 2.6.30-rc2) I have a blank screen on resume
after suspending to disk, it is recoverable in that everything starts
working as soon as I press a keyboard key _and_ touch the synaptic pad
of my W500 Thinkpad.

I've also had the same when suspending to disk on the console, so this
does not seem related to i915 or Xorg.

I thought I would bisect this trying 2.6.27 - 2.6.28, I suspect that
2.6.27 was still okay - but the problem is that I'm now using EXT4 for
my root file-system, and I get a panic on boot with "cannot handle
large files.... CONFIG_LSF is not set" or something like this.

It seems this option is to handle TB sized files, and I only have a
200GB laptop drive. Can I enable the option (though it seems obviously
wrong to me), or is going back so far into EXT4 history a bad idea?

Niel