Barriers on LVM?

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 00:35:41 EST

I thought somebody mentioned that LVM now had barrier support for single-disk configurations in 2.6.29, but my dmesg seems to say otherwise. This is essentially a default Fedora disk layout with root and swap partitions inside an LVM on a single SATA drive with 2.6.29.1:

EXT4-fs: barriers enabled

JBD: barrier-based sync failed on dm-0:8 - disabling barriers

Is proper LVM barrier support coming any time soon? It seems a bit brutal that the default disk layout on many systems (and almost all Fedora ones, which will default to ext4 in Fedora 11) can't support whatever data integrity needs ext4 is using them for..