Re: Fix quilt merge error in acpi-cpufreq.c

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 11:27:25 EST

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 02:50:25 +0200, Ingo Molnar said:

> Something like:

Avoid the passive voice when feasible.

> The impact of this change is that the build is fixed.

Fix the build breakage caused by bad #include screwage.

> The impact of this change is that the code gets cleaner.

Neaten up the spaghetti code.

> The impact of this change is that the CPU does not overheat.

Prevent the CPU from overheating.

Good clear concise writing doesn't need an 'Impact:' to draw attention to it.

About the *only* use case that I've seen that actually makes *any* sense is
the *one* case where adding "fix on s390 and x86" to the original Subject:
line caused it to be overlong.