Re: TRACE_BRANCH_PROFILING breaks gcc warnings

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 03:45:06 EST

> > This has been mentioned before, and I've asked about sending a
> > patch that would prevent TRACE_BRANCH_PROFILING from being
> > selected with an allyesconfig.
> >
> > It is easy to do. I could make it a selection and not a boolean
> > and it will not select it as default, even for allyes/modconfig

We should have a symbol that is only set for allyesconfig builds.

Then we could do something like:

config TRACE_BRANCH_PROFILING
depends on !ALLYESCONFIG

The advantage is that it is obvious why we have defiend
it like this rather than some inverse symbols.

I looked at generating such symbol in kconfig long time
ago but never finished it.

Sam