Re: USB auto mount - specific versus general driver

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 13:34:28 EST

Robert Mykland wrote:
Folks,

Consider a USB key that auto mounts as a generic USB storage device using the block level driver for that. Can I write a driver that, for example, is more specific to that key and gets loaded and used at auto mount time instead of the generic driver? How would I go about identifying my driver so it superseded the generic one?

You'd have to add an unusual device entry to the USB storage driver which tells it not to claim that device. Look at drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h and the US_FL_IGNORE_DEVICE flag.

Thanks in Advance,

-- Robert.