Re: suspend-to-ram broken on X61 thinkpads in 2.6.30-rc1?

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 00:15:51 EST

So I tried to do a bisect using a reduced config, and I wasn't able to reproduce. So I went back to 2.6.30-rc1 and started playing with configurations. I was able to finally get a reproduction, and I found that the af_packet module seems to be responsible. If I move the modules directory out of the way and reboot, then manually insmod the af_packet module, then suspend, it fails by hanging with the flashing moon LED. If I reboot and don't load the af_packet module, the suspend works. Needless to say this falls into the WTF category. I will do more testing to see what's up...

- Ted