Re: [patch 0/6] x86, PAT, CPA: Cleanups and minor bug fixes

From: Eric Anholt
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 16:42:10 EST

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 14:26 -0700, venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This patchset contains cleanups and minor bug fixes in x86 PAT and CPA
> related code. The bugs were mostly found by code inspection. There
> should not be any functionality changes with this patchset.

I've been curious, what are you using to test PAT changes for
regressions? I've got some regression tests at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools/

Requires KMS enabled and master of libdrm, but after that you can sudo
make check, and it tests execution of several DRM paths without
requiring X. In benchmarks/ there are a few microbenchmarks of various
mapping types, which has been useful in making sure that we're ending up
with the right PTEs.

It should work on all Intel GPUs from the 830 through the GM45, though I
haven't tested pre-915 much.

--
Eric Anholt
eric@xxxxxxxxxx eric.anholt@xxxxxxxxx