Re: LTP 20080131 causes defunct processes w/2.6.30-rc1 (possibleptrace issue?)

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 08:22:53 EST

On 04/10, Kumar Gala wrote:

> That seems to clear it up.. But why has the behavior changed? I didn't
> have to do the "kill -CONT 1" on 2.6.29.

I didn't look at the test-case yet, so I don't know what happens.

But, before this comment, /sbin/init always ignored SIGSTOP.
Now it is possible to stop init. Of course, user-space can't
send SIGSTOP to init directly. But if you are ptracer, or send
SIGSTOP to the sub-namespace, it should work.

Oleg.