Re: usb_mon oops Re: tcpdump crashes 2.6.29.1 (and 2.6.29-rc5)

From: Pete Zaitcev
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 02:25:45 EST

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:01:09 -0400, "John Stoffel" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any suggestions of a known good state I should start bisection from?

No suggestions, sorry. The part of usbmon that peeks at DMA-ed data
wasn't touched since December 2006. It worked fine since then,
your oops is the first. So, I don't expect bisection to help.
At best you're going to find the commit where uvcvideo was merged.

The right way forward is to deduce what's going on, IMHO. Maybe
usbmon is trying to take an address in the GART aperture and convert
it into a struct page. Or the direction in URB mismatches endpoint.
Or any number of other things.

I'm working on it, but I'm not done with puzzling out the dmesg
you sent me, sorry again.

-- Pete