Re: [ANNOUNCE] headercheck - check dependencies on header files

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 23:29:01 EST

Hello Sam,

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 22:42 +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> We have at several occasions discussed if our header files
> should include their dependencies or not.
>
> But we were lacking a tool to tell us if our header files
> included the headerfiles they needed or not.
>
> headercheck can be used to do so.
>
> headercheck use the existing Kbuild files in
> include/ to determine which directories to visit.
>
> And for each directory it create one .c file for each
> .h file and build it.
>
> A .c file looks like this:
>
> $cat module.h.c
> #include <linux/module.h>

Is it possible to check that which header files are included in source
file.

I mean how many header files are included for kernel/module.c and in
which order and we can also check that same file is requested how many
times, like:

linux/module.h (requested count, included or not)
+linux/list.h
++linux/stddef.h

and so on.

Thanks,