Re: Anyone working on ftrace function graph support on ARM?

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Date: Thu Apr 09 2009 - 11:54:24 EST

Sorry for the late reply, I'm way behind on list mail.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:58:08PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> Anyway, the EABI toolchain I have (from CodeSourcery) generates
> something like below with -pg for both ARM and Thumb code (so that it
> doesn't rely on the frame pointer):
>
> push {lr}
> bl __gnu_mcount_nc
>
> I think this will be (was?) merged into the mainline gcc for ARM. The
> -pg option is still incompatible with -fomit-frame-pointer but maybe it
> shouldn't be anymore.

Was merged. It'll be in GCC 4.4 and is in our current Lite releases;
it was created to solve precisely this problem. It should be easy to
apply to an older GCC release if desired, but it's not in existing
FSF releases.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery