Re: "make oldconfig" problem

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 15:35:39 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.Peter Teoh wrote:

Seems to be caused by
40297927575a50b1d0d308d735c445924d33fba6("bzip2/lzma: don't ask for
compression mode for the default initramfs").

I get no errors with that commit reverted.

Thank you, will try that.

Linus complained about a choice that didn't make sense for most users. Unfortunately Kconfig doesn't seem to have a sane block to deal with having alternatives to conditionalized choice blocks.

Fortunately, CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION_NONE doesn't actually *do* anything, so this is probably the preferred hack.

Could you try this out? If it works as expected for you as well as me, I'll push it to Linus.

-hpa