Re: bttv ir patch from Mark Lord

From: Mark Lord
Date: Mon Mar 30 2009 - 13:32:09 EST

Hans Verkuil wrote:

It's best to wait a bit. Jean Delvare is working on this ir-kbd-i2c driver right now and when he's finished it should be much easier to add this. Most importantly you can add this new i2c address to the cx18 driver rather than add it to the probe_bttv list, which is rather overloaded anyway.

He should be finished within 1-3 weeks I guess. Probably sooner rather than later. Just watch the linux-media list for it.
..

Thanks. I'll just watch for it arriving upstream in 2.6.31 (?) then,
if the current ir-kbd-i2c patch doesn't end up in 2.6.30 already.

Good idea on the cleanup in there, too. It was looking a bit tattered
around the edges, and my patch doesn't really help much with that aspect. :)

Cheers