Re: Linux 2.6.29

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 22:53:48 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Jeff Garzik wrote:
Definitely a difference! 1 for both, here. Deb is a fresh OS install and
fresh homedir, but my F10 has been through many OS and ff config upgrades over
the years.

Hmm. I wonder where firefox gets its defaults then.

I can well imagine that Debian has a different firefox build, with different defaults. But if your F10 thing also is set to 1, and still shows as "default", then that's odd, considering that mine shows 0.

I have 'rpm -q firefox': firefox-3.0.7-1.fc10.x86_64.

Is yours a 32-bit one? Maybe it comes with different defaults?

And maybe firefox just has a very odd config setup and I don't understand what "default" means at all. Gene says he doesn't have that toolkit.storage.synchronous thing at all.

In my case the toolkit.storage.synchronous is present in both, set to 1 in Deb and bolded and set to 1 in F10 (firefox-3.0.7-1.fc10.x86_64).

The latter's bold typeface makes me think my F10 FF toolkit.storage.synchronous setting is NOT set to the F10 default -- although I have never heard of this setting, and have certainly not manually tweaked it. The only FF setting I manually tweak is cache directory.

Jeff