Re: Linux general wiki

From: Henrik Austad
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 18:47:23 EST

On Friday 27 March 2009 20:13:24 Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> We have a lot of good wikis [1] at kernel.org but I don't see one for
> general things. I just made a huge write up to how to help support the
> stable kernels

What exactly do you mean by 'help support the stable kernels'? Are you talking
about maintaining drivers? Doing patch review? Running configure/compile/run
tests?

> and figured I'd go and add that to the wiki somewhere
> but I don't see any place it would fit. Should I just start using the
> main page for that and expand?

Why not? After all, it it's a general article. IMHO, adding a new 'general
wiki' doesn't make any sense.

However, are you sure that this article doesn't belong at, say, kernelnewbies?

--
-> henrik