Re: [patch 3/14] x86, ptrace, bts: stop bts tracing early indo_exit

From: Markus Metzger
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 15:26:44 EST

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 18:24 +0100, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> On 03/27, Metzger, Markus T wrote:

Thanks for your review! This is really helpful.

This exit race is a nasty thing.
I think I need to either prevent a task from running while I change the
tracing configuration, or have the tracee execute all the setup/cleanup
code.

The former looks more attractive to me. I would expect that there is
some infrastructure for that. I asked for pointers in a previous email,
already.

thanks and regards,
markus.