uli526x hangs on 2.6.29, not on rc8

From: Santiago Garcia Mantinan
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 19:24:17 EST

Hi!

After upgrading from rc8 to final 2.6.29 my machine's network stops working
after some full speed (100Mb/s) downloads ifdown;ifup, or powering off the
switch won't solve the problem, however it is solved if I unload the driver
module and load it again. Tested with another NIC (e1000e based) and
couldn't reproduce the problem.

This is happening on final 2.6.29 version but doesn't seem to happen on rc8
with the same kernel config. Machine is a AMD Athlon 64 running Debian 64
bits.

I don't see any changes on the git for uli526x from rc8 to final, but the
tulip driver on which this one is based had some changes.

Don't know what else to add, just ask me for whatever data that may help on
this.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net