Backlight brightness on linux kernel 2.6.28

From: Sergey I. Sharybin
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 13:33:48 EST

Hi,

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux (Lenny) on my notebook (model HP 6720s) and since linux kernel version 2.6.28 there is a trouble with backlight brightness: after notebook has been just booted brightess is easily controlled by hotkeys, but if the external power state is changed (plugged or unplugged) there is no more way to control the brightess of backlight until the system reboot. There is the same trouble under kernel version 2.6.29. And there is no such problems with kernel version <= 2.6.27.

Is it trouble of kernel or software problem in my Debian system and what can be done with it?

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin