relatime: update once per day patches (was: ext3 IO latency measurements)

From: Frans Pop
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 11:32:56 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:03:12 +0100 Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Why arent the relatime patches upstream?
>
> They have been for ages.

I assume Ingo means the patches to make relatime update atime at least
once per day to ensure better compatibility with apps that do use or rely
on access times.
These patches are already being included by several distros and, FWIW,
Debian would like to see them upstream as well because we feel .

They were last submitted by Matthew Garrett:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/27/234
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/11/27/235

Loads of people seem to want this, but even though it's been submitted at
least twice and discussed even more often, it never gets anywhere.

Cheers,
FJP