Re: Linux 2.6.29

From: Stephen Clark
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 14:41:47 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:03:53 -0700
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I remember early in the 2.6.x days there was a lot of focus on making
interactive performance good, and for a long time it was. But this
I/O problem has been around for a *long* time now... What happened?
Do not many people run into this daily? Do all the filesystem
hackers run with special mount options to mitigate the problem?

the people that care use my kernel patch on ext3 ;-)
(or the userland equivalent tweak in /etc/rc.local)

Ok, I bite what is the userland tweak?

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)