Re: Revert "gro: Fix legacy path napi_complete crash", (was: Re:Linux 2.6.29)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 09:13:19 EST

(netdev Cc:-ed)

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesterday about half of my testboxes (3 out of 7) started getting
> weird networking failures: their network interface just got stuck
> completely - no rx and no tx at all. Restarting the interface did
> not help.

> I've attached the reproducer (non-SMP) .config. The system has:

Note, the .config is randconfig derived. There was a stage of the
tests when about every ~5-10th randconfig was failing, so i dont
think it's a rare config combo that triggers this. (but there were
other stages where 30 randconfig in a row went fine so it's hard to
tell.)

In the worst case the hang needed 2 million packets to trigger -
that's why i set the limit in the tests to 6 million packets.

Ingo