Re: [Tux3] Tux3 report: Tux3 Git tree available

From: Daniel Phillips
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 23:05:02 EST

On Thursday 12 March 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 02:24:08PM -0700, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 March 2009, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > > to be honest the estimate of adding btree directories in 3kLOC
> > > of code seems very optimistic.
> >
> > Is that a bet?
>
> No, just a general comment comparing with other read/write btree
> implementations.

Htree is about 1650 lines in Ext3. The Tux3 implementation does not
have to implement its own custom btree code because it can use the
generic tux3/btree.c code (with index node operations generalized as
leaf operations already are). The Tux3 implementation will be shorter
if anything, because of using the generic btree code, no need for
backward compatibility, and having had several years to think about
how to handle the NFS readdir issue more compactly.

So I guess the Tux3 directory btree will come in somewhere around
1500 lines.

Regards,

Daniel