Re: [git-pull -tip] x86: cleanup patches

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 14:02:43 EST

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 18:03 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Jaswinder Singh Rajput <jaswinder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The following changes since commit 4cca0345b9c1ee3573bcd0ea5feb3b44caa7930c:
> > Ingo Molnar (1):
> > Merge branch 'tracing/ftrace'
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaswinder/linux-2.6-tiptop.git master
> >
> > Jaswinder Singh Rajput (9):
> > x86: cpu/intel.c cleanup
> > x86: i8237.c cleanup
> > x86: topology.c cleanup
> > x86: kdebugfs.c cleanup
> > x86: i8253 cleanup
> > x86: pci-nommu.c cleanup
> > x86: io_delay.c cleanup
> > x86: rtc.c cleanup
> > x86: trampoline.c cleanup
> >
> > arch/x86/kernel/cpu/intel.c | 186 +++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
> > arch/x86/kernel/i8237.c | 5 +-
> > arch/x86/kernel/i8253.c | 25 +++---
> > arch/x86/kernel/io_delay.c | 6 +-
> > arch/x86/kernel/kdebugfs.c | 35 +++++---
> > arch/x86/kernel/pci-nommu.c | 29 ++++--
> > arch/x86/kernel/rtc.c | 22 +++--
> > arch/x86/kernel/topology.c | 10 ++-
> > arch/x86/kernel/trampoline.c | 3 +-
> > 9 files changed, 175 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)
>
> Hm, most of these files need deeper cleanups than just surface
> polishing. Are you willing to do those cleanups if someone goes
> through those files and comes up with a few suggestions?

OK.

> Which reminds me, i suggested a few structural and code flow
> cleanups wrt. smp_read_mpc() in the past and those didnt seem to
> have happened either. See the attached mail below - most of the
> code flow suggetions i made in it went unaddressed AFAICS.

I have almost completed what you suggested me only few things was left
and as I remembered I also prepared the final patches but I do not have
any multiple processor machines to test it, and then I was busy in
another threads like headers-check, perf-counters, cpu_debug.

I will again search those patches and send to you for final testing.

Thanks for reminding :-)

--
JSR